Why become a History of England Member (you can sign up at the bottom of this page)? I can think of three – hopefully good reasons
- You will get at least 90 minutes worth of members only fantastic new podcasts every month (usually more).
- You get immediate access to a catalogue of over 40 hours of history podcasts
- You will be supporting me to keep producing the free History of England podcast
There is no advertising on Shedcasts, and you can download it to most Apple and Android apps, and listen to it just like to listen to the freebies, though on a separate feed. You can access quizzes, and from time to time we have polls and prizes. You get transcripts too. We have three separate series, with a fourth (the lives of Eleanor of Aquitaine and William Marshall) on its way.
Shedcasts (See a full listing) – 37 episodes, 22 hours of listening (at September 2018): Shedcasts are topics and biographies, usually in English history which fire my enthusiasm and add depth to the History of England podcast. These include:
- Topics: The growth of religious toleration in Europe; Nationalism and its growth in medieval England; the practice of diplomacy; studying wills and what they tell us. English placenames.
- Biographies: such as John Morton, Thomas Wolsey, Thomas More, Anne Boleyn, William Tyndale, Thomas Cromwell, Elizabeth Grey, Katharine Howard, The Duke of Norfolk and his poet son, the Earl of Surrey.
- Historiography: The English Reformation, Anne Boleyn
Then from time to time we have something a bit less worthy; how the language of printing appeared, how Henry VIII started a fashion for beards, the Tudors and poison, stuff like that. It’s a cornu-blessed-copia of goodies.
The History of Scotland (See a full listing) – 31 episodes, 18 hours of listening (at September 2018) : The history of Scotland from the dawn of time to 1900. We follow the same style as the history of England, but faster pace. Approximately an episode a fortnight. At time of writing we are in the 15th century.
Britain and the Sea (see a full listing) – 4 episodes, 2.5 hours of listening: An occasional series add depth and stories to accompany the History of England podcast
Eleanor of Aquitaine and William Marshal series (under construction): the lives of these two characters, each with 15 minutes and week collected into a monthly omnibus.
So fingers crossed that you’ll want to sign up! You can join for a monthly recurring subscription, which you can cancel at any time of course. Or an annual, recurring subscription; which gives you two months free, which is nice, and avoids monthly currency conversion charges. The subscription renews automatically until you stop it; your provider (Paypal or the card provider) sends you confirmations, and invoices and billing details are always available through this site through your account. You can pay by credit/debit card, or by Paypal. Start by choosing the option which suits you best below.
Please note that although my prices are in UK £, your card company or Paypal will easily and automatically convert into your local currency.
|Monthly Paid Subscription||£4.00 per Month.||Select|
|Annual Paid Subscription||£40.00 per Year.||Select|